Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sneak peeks....

Working too hard + playing too hard = little time for sewing.  I did manage to quickly put together this stacked coins baby quilt top (Heather Bailey Fresh Cut fabrics) on my day off on Veteran's Day last Wednesday.



Unfortunately, I ran out of the white fabric to put one strip across the top and one across the bottom.  I made a special trip after work on Friday to get more, but managed to buy the wrong white, so it still sits and waits.  And I keep hiding it from the cats.

I need to make several small handmade gifts, so I started experimenting.  How cute is this little block?




Or this one?



Or, what about this one?  I never knew partial seams could be so fun!


And what could possibly be cute enough to go with them?  Maybe this?


Or something like this?


Add them all together + a few more and....



16" square mini quilt top!




Sis Boom Bell Bottoms!  A gift I don't want to give away!

Library Update:
I can't believe how interested everyone has been in my library books!  I finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, A Homemade Life, and The Help.  They were all good and VERY different.  I am now about halfway through The Time Traveler's Wife.  What else do I currently have checked out?:



I heart the Hillsboro Public Libary!




With wishes, true and kind -- Joan


18 comments:

  1. Your little quilt top is just gorgeous - I'm sure you would love to keep it!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt tops both look great! I so love the Fresh Cut fabrics. I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mini quilt top! Soo cute! It would be a great way of using up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt top is lovely, did you make it up as you went or did you know what you wanted first? Terrific use of the lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coin quilt is beautiful and what is it about quilts on the floor that dogs and cats just can't stay away from? LOL

    The mini top is beautiful...I might have to do some finnageling on my own and come up with something similar...but certainly not as lovely. Your little centers took my breath away they're so sweet!

    Happy day to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your mini Sis Boom quilt! What a treasure.

    Looks like you've been having too much fun with the coin quilt and new books too. I have the Potato Peel Pie Society on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have bought the wrong white fabric before, not fun. Both quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Cute! Cute! Your mini quilt is adorable! Love it! And your Fresh Cut coins quilt is lovely too! Another great stack books! I'm slowly savoring The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you've been busy! I love the mini quilt top - and they are the perfect medium for trying out new techniques. enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The coin quilt is coming along beautifully....it is such a pain when you run out of white!! I had the same thing happen to me this week!!

    The mini quilt is gorgeous!! I love the colors!! It would be a hard one for me to let go of too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little quilts are fresh & fun! I have The Elegance of the Hedhehog next to my bed too! I am just finishing The Hungry Ghosts, & then i have Pomegranite Soup & Her Fearful Symmetry to read. I loved The Time Travellers Wife...don'tthink it will successfully transfer to a movie though. Not too much stitching here either...too much work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's one cute little quilt top!! and I love that mary trellis print! so tell me, what's a partial seam? is that the same as a y-seam?

    ReplyDelete
  13. great mini quilt and oh iove the blocks in the quilt
    looks like you had a lot of fun making this quilt
    how will you quilt it?
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  14. My public library is fabulous too! How do you find time to read so many books?
    I really enjoyed The Time Traveler's Wife and My Life in France. I have The Help and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society on my to-read list. Thanks for the recommendation. Now I need to add The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your mini quilt in all the pretty Jennifer Paganelli fabrics... A favorite designer. And I love some good book recomandations, too! I hope you'll enjoy the Elegance of the Hedgehog as much as I did. One of my best reads this year. I really liked the Time Traveler's Wife and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society too. The Help is waiting to be read on my bookshelf. Have you read any of the triology of Stieg Larsson, starting with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? I loved those books!
    And thank you for the sweetest comments on my blog ; )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Stacked Coins quilt is cute! ; ) And, that little quilt of multi-squares is adorable!!!

    I LOVE the Library. If they ever merge a Library with a Quilt Shop...well, that may just be MY Heaven! ; )

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that mini quilt top. It's supercute!

    ReplyDelete