Monday, September 27, 2010

NW Quilting Expo 2010 Part Two: Jean Wells, Featured Quilter

I have to admit that when I turned a corner at the quilting expo and saw a Jean Wells quilt, I immediately felt a rush of quilting bliss!   If you are a fan of Jean Wells or have her book, Intuitive Color and Design, you know just what I'm talking about.  If you don't own Intuitive Color and Design, then all I can say is, "Why not?!?" Jean is a designer, instructor, gardener, proprietress of The Stitchin' Post in Sisters, Oregon, founder of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show, and the author of over 27 books.  Seeing her quilts featured was when the quilting expo really started getting exciting for me.

Click on any of the pictures below for a closer look.

Landscape I

Colors of Provence

New York City Scape

Cross Cut II

Plum Envy

Firefly


Paradise in the Garden


Summer Celebration

 Pine I

Stone III  Pillars


Hidden Stone

Sticks and Stones


Mountain Rhythms


Landscape IV


Metolius I


Thank you, Jean.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  You totally made my day!

With wishes, true and kind -- Joan

15 comments:

  1. Wow, the quilts are fantastic. I have a few favourites in there, I'm definitley going to look out for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They just take your breath away! One day I'd love to make a quilt like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joan for all the eye candy! How awesome for you to be able to see these lovely, stunning, beautiful quilts in person!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wonderful, I couldn't pick a favorite, they are all amazing. I can imagine how they must look in person. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Jean's quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of those quilts are so stunning! Hard to pick a favourite. I recently bought her book I must get it out and use it! from Jenny McH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful work she does--yes indeed-Dee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Thanks for the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are really gorgeous! Every single one of them! I think my favorite pick would be the Firefly. Definitely amazing work to serve as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are just terrific, and I consider myself a traditionalist through and through. I've thought that I may need that book. Maybe the time is now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Colors of Provence is lovely! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And thank you, Joan, for sharing these lovely quilts with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, you're so lucky to get to see all if these lovely quilts in person! I especially love Stone III Pillars. The way the lines overlap at the bottom is so thrilling!

    ReplyDelete