Friday, February 19, 2010

TGIF

Friday Night Sew-In
Have you heard about Friday Night Sew-in?  Well, I decided to give it a try tonight.  Of course, then I remembered that I was going out for a drink with colleagues after work.  So, now it's almost 8:00 and I haven't even gotten started yet. And it will be later still by the time I finish this post, but I'm still going to do it.  I read about the Sew-In on the blog, Busy, Happy Hands and you can join up and link up at Handmade by Heidi.  I'll probably be working on cutting my way through Kona Cotton heaven....


The pile on the left has been cut; the pile on the right needs to be cut.  I deliberately bought very generous amounts of each fabric so that I would have left over Kona Cotton scraps for other projects.  Come back tomorrow to see if I made it through all 20 Konas.

Happy Blogiversay, Heather!
Today marks the one-year anniversary of Heather's blog, a la mode fabric.  She doesn't look a day over 11 months!  Please stop by, say "hi" and "Happy Blogiversary" and enter her fabulous giveaway.  You could win some wonderful Heather Ross Munki Munki or Mendocino, or oh, so much more! 

More Mod Valentine Love
Thank you for all the kind comments on the Mod Valentine quilt top.  And look who also approves?  I have managed to keep Samantha out of my blog posts lately, but when looking at any of my photos, know that Sammy either walked in front of the camera just before the photo was taken or did so immediately after!  She is a pill!  Within moments of taking a photo of the quilt top on this chair, guess who decided it was time for a nap in the sun?

You have to admit, she looks great on Sis Boom fabrics!

With wishes, true and kind -- Joan



9 comments:

  1. It's called a cat scan, they have to try them out for comfortability, lol. I'll be back to see what you do with the Konas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats seem to do the same thing! Love that, cat scan. Hope you made it through the Kona cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to make a quilt of just plain colors. Your stack make me think its about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha's a smart girl. What are you making with solids?

    ReplyDelete
  5. After work drink with colleagues...then begins the Friday Night sew-in? So did you make it through the Kona's?? I love what Janet said about the "Cat Scan"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan... YOU kill me!!! I almost piddled on my couch when I read that!! Such a doll :)

    XO, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful kitty and she looks great on that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cat + Quilt = Magnetic Connection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you were quite busy! What a pretty heart quilt, and your cat looks so cute on it!
    Steffi

    ReplyDelete