Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Swoon!


Melissa of Yummy Goods has developed something of an obsession with Jane Eyre.  And since Jane and I are old and very dear friends, I just had to join in the fun.  Are you a fan of the Brontes?  Go to Melissa's blog or click on the button to the right to find out more and join in the fun of the Bronte-along!

"Gentle reader, may you never feel what I then felt. May your eyes never shed such stormy, scalding, heart-wrung tears as poured from mine.  May you never appeal to Heaven in prayers so hopeless and so agonized as in that hour left my lips; for never may you, like me, dread to be the instrument of evil to what you wholly love" (Chapter 27).

Masterpiece Theatre: Jane Eyre [DVD]

Let the swooning begin!  -- Joan


8 comments:

  1. Hmmm, this IS tempting!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just finished watching the movie too! like i needed one more thing to do! especially a FOUR hour thing! it was awesome!! i havent read the book in years, so im rereading it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just watched "Wuthering Heights" a couple of weeks ago. Heathcliff and Cathy, such tormented souls.

    Thanks for the sigh of gothic romance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this BBC version of Jane Eyre. I was captivated with it when it first aired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I still haven't read this book yet, and I was an English and writing major in college! I have it on my shelf, and just need to make the time for it. Now I'm totally motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane Eyre is one of my all time favorite books! I think I will have to read it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read....but you have peeked my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete