Monday, May 31, 2010

Hexie Swap 2

Peonies 1

Look what arrived just before I left for the coast on Friday!

Hexies from Shelly 1
A package from Shelly (Pink Punk Boutique) with my hexies for the Handsome Hexie Swap!

Hexies from Shelly 2
I love this gorgeous zippered pouch for making hexies on the go!

Hexies from Shelly 3
See!  Plenty of room for hexie papers, needle, thread, fabric....

Hexies from Shelly 4
She sent a variety of basted hexies, and I don't have a single one of these fabrics!  It will be fun to slowly add to these with scraps for a true charm project -- no duplicates!

My copy of this book -- won in a Sew, Mama, Sew giveaway in April -- also arrived.

So, I packed up my hexies, book, quilting supplies, and some peonies.  
What else would I need for a great weekend at the beach!?!?

Peonies 2

Don't forget to come back for the Charming Month of June:  a charm pack giveaway each week!

With wishes, true and kind -- Joan

10 comments:

  1. I love the pouch with it's pink polka dot lining, fabulous! Oh the Peonies, my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our peonies are just starting to bloom - don't you love their gorgeous scent! Sounds like you have a nice project for your trip to the beach! I am staying FAR away from hexes, but those do look so cute, and having something to do by hand is appealing. Enjoy your beach holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those peonies! Mine dropped their petals in a thunderstorm yesterday. Looks like great loot from the hexie swap. Hee hee, Saturday night I was in the mood for hexies. I took out my "hexies to go" bag and watched a movie on the porch while I basted. I was however completely bored with the fabrics that were ready and waiting. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute little pouch!! Perfect for hexie carrying! But oh how I just love your peonies. I walked around our house twice yesterday admiring mine. A question for you, peonies for whatever reason tend to attract ants, what do you do with them to prevent the ants from coming inside when you cut them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan, beautiful pictures and what a lucky girl you are! Lovely fabric for a lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a fabulous swap! I hope to get into the next round. I adore the hexies you received from your partner, and that zippered pouch is perfect! Great colors and size to carry your supplies. Aren't the peonies beautiful this year? Ours are bursting with fragrance and color now too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! Wiggle your toes in the sand a couple of extra times for me!!!

    Blessings,

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that pouch...perfect! Gorgeous flowers...have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome swap partner - that case is so nice - what a great idea. Perfect for hexing on the go ;)

    ReplyDelete