Monday, July 26, 2010

We interrupt this quilting blog...


I love living in Oregon.  I am so close to the both the beach and mountains.  And while I am more used to lots of trees and vegetation,

Dusk falls on Mt. Hood as we travel toward Central Oregon.

as we travel around the mountain and out of the national forest, we quickly come to high desert.


Steve, Michael, and I joined extended family for our annual family camping trip to Pelton on Lake Simtustus.  Molly and Peter could not join us this year, but were most definitely 
not forgotten!


The following pictures of the pop-up tent trailer are especially for Penny (Sew Take a Hike):





Pelton Wildlife:

Great Blue Heron

Wild Horses


More Pelton Wildlife:

Ready,

Set,

Go!




And even a little time for quiet reflection....


Just above our campsite

Back home around the mountain again.


And all too soon, passing under my husband's favorite sign designating our two homes.


With wishes, true and kind -- Joan

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and wonderful family adventure! Beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this looks like so much fun. We haven't had the guts to take our little (horrible sleeper) Tuesday camping. But this makes me ache to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you finally have the picture of your sign!!! congrats!
    I couldn't agree more....I just passed over Hood last week....into the Bend area. Love our state!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow what fun, I should have hitched a ride :)

    We missed you at dinner Friday night, but it looks like you had plently of fun without us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Thank you for the wonderful tour. How much fun is that? That scenery is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love living vicariously through other bloggy friends! Thank your for the pictures and the quiet, reflective shots especially!

    Glad you're home safe and sound and hopefully, back to sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful are you live in! It looks like you had a wonderful time. I hope you came home rested and refreshed...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have always wanted to visit Oregon, so I can't wait to show my husband your pictures! He's going to love this gorgeous scenery. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful trip! I am so looking forward to my 2 being old enough to enjoy traveling, I miss road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pics...looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place! I miss camping! Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the lovely pics. Oregon is a place I would love to visit one day. Love the wildlife photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just lovely...thanks for sharing!

    xo,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your holiday looks amazing! By the way, how's Steve's campaign going?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joan! Thank you for sharing all your wonderful photos! It looks like you all just had a wonderful time! Your pop up is so cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joan, Thank you so much for sharing this amazing pictures. "this is the Life!"
    I feel like a woke up to a refreshing summer treat. Thanks!
    :) greetings from HOT Cyprus!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so nice to see pictures of home. Thank you for shareing.

    ReplyDelete