Sunday, February 6, 2011

Create! Day 6

Super Bowl? What Super Bowl?

Day 6 was very special because I got to go to Gabrien's house and sew with her and her mother, Linda.  Irene even showed up -- finally -- and it is always fun to have her around.
Gabrien has a cute (and very functional) sewing room!  I can't believe I didn't take any photos to share.  I guess she'll just have to have me over for another sew day!  I did manage to take this picture accidentally when I was looking for a photo on my camera, which shows that I did accomplish some hand sewing while I was gabbing with Gabrien.  


And yesterday and today I spent a little time pulling fabrics for the next Bee Hexed In block -- hexies in jewel tones with black and white corner squares.  I think this is what Megan has in mind....


Sewing tomorrow night will be a bit tricky since I have a class, but I'll find some creative time somewhere!
Hope your Super Bowl weekend was fun or productive or both!

With wishes, true and kind -- Joan

6 comments:

  1. Just enjoying your work! The colors just knock your socks off. Happy for your sewing time with friends and alone...and aren't sunsets awesome when they're later than..oh..say 5:00? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combo. It will add much needed zip to this winter! Beautiful!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day! I love that you're able to connect with sewing friends in person so often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics that you've picked; it's going to be gorgeous!! Our Sunday was lovely and quiet. We're not the Football types, so we took a walk and listened to the Red-Winged blackbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sewing with friends would have been so much more fun than watching the game yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming Joan! And for supplying the bottle of fermented grape inspiration. Next time we'll kick out the husband and kids too, so as to take over the house completely.

    ReplyDelete